Short Lent prayers are an easy way to go from desiring to pray more during Lent to actually doing so. After all, Lent includes (and prepares us for) some of the longest liturgies of the year. Palm Sunday features the first reading of the Passion of Christ before we hear it again on Good Friday. Holy Week also features Holy Thursday and the Easter Vigil, two liturgies that are unique and beautiful. And longer than normal. When we’re not at Mass, sometimes we just need short, simple prayers to remain close to God during our busy days.
Lent is no different. Here are some easy prayers you can say to feel connected to God during Lent this year:
- “God, may Your light guide my day, and your spirit bring me peace. Amen.”
- “God, may my sacrifice of today of (state your Lenten sacrifice) remind me of my dependence on You for all the blessings I enjoy. Amen.”
- ”May I stand in solidarity today with all my brothers and sisters around the world who are suffering. May we be united in your love, and may I work to build your kingdom here on earth.”
- “Heavenly Father, I’m truly sorry for the moments today where I missed the mark. I ask for your forgiveness and the strength to better follow Your call tomorrow. Amen.”
- ”God, I lift up (name of the person you’d like to pray for) today. I ask that you bless them abundantly today and throughout Lent. Amen.”
- “Oh Jesus, I surrender myself to you, take care of everything. Amen.”