Rushoroza Technical Workshop is a Diocesan Project which started way back in the 1930’s by the White Missionary Brothers and Priests (White Fathers) also known as Missionaries of Africa. They had come to spread Christianity in the region.
The purpose was to train young boys especially those who had become believers to have vocational skills especially carpentry and masonry so that they can assist in construction of churches and making furniture.
The Carpentry was run by White Fathers till around 1989. African brothers took over the operation of the carpentry under the Diocese. Now it’s headed by the Brothers of St. Joseph the Worker under the leadership of Rev. Brother Celestine, assisted by other 5 people of whom some of them were trained at this carpentry.
Rushoroza Carpentry is at the disposal of the churches, institutions, Convents and presbyteries of Kabale Diocese. some of the products from Rushoroza Technical Workshop include beds, chairs, benches, doors, to mention but few.
- Long live Kabale Diocese,
- Long live Rushoroza Technical workshop,
- Long live our Bishop